When shopping for steer tires, reliability and reputation are big points to consider regardless of price. For those looking for a budget steer tire, the good news is there are some great options. One tire we stand behind is the “Sumitomo ST720” wide base steer tire. It costs less than the Good Year equivalent, but will run side by side with it in terms of reliability and performance.
When you need the best possible tire for the money, the Sumitomo ST720 is a solid choice. Also, as the name would suggest, these tires are made in Japan!
It’s no surprise that Sumitomo makes great tires, they have been around for a long time and make tires for other well known companies under different names.
A little about the Sumitomo brand:
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. is a global tire and rubber company based in Japan. It is part of the Sumitomo Group.
- The company traces its origins to 1909, when the Sumitomo Group made an investment in Dunlop Japan,
- In 1963 the Sumitomo Group acquired control of Dunlop Japan and renamed it Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd.
- In 1986 Sumitomo also acquired the Dunlop Tire Corporation of the US from its management.
- In 1997, Sumitomo formed a joint venture with Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, by which Goodyear and Sumitomo agreed to manufacture tires for each other’s markets, including Dunlop branded tires.
For More info on this tire Click Here